FAQs: Dallas/The Colony  Outpatient


What does outpatient care involve?

Outpatient programs are designed to assist individuals seeking to achieve and/or maintain sobriety.  Services are provided in both individual and group sessions.

How long does outpatient care last?

A normal outpatient episode may last from three to four months transitioning from an intensive phase to a less intensive phase, but may be completed in one to two months based on individual needs.

How do I apply for Outpatient programs?

At 315 Sunset in Dallas, intakes are processed on Mondays from 8:30 am to 5 pm on a walk-in basis. Intake appointments are available Tuesday - Friday.  At our location in The Colony, intakes are by appointment only.

When are the IOP sessions?

Outpatient group times accommodate employment schedules.  The frequency of attendance is based on individual need and phase of treatment.  At our Dallas location, group sessions are held Tuesday thru Friday mornings from 9 am until Noon and in the evening from 6 pm until 9 pm.

At The Colony location, group sessions are held on Mondays from 9 am until Noon.

How much do these programs cost?

Out-of-pocket costs for outpatient services are as follows:  $50 for intake, $25 per group session, and $50 for individual sessions. A typical outpatient episode will include approximately 30 sessions but will vary based on need.  Total costmay vary based on the actual number of groups and individuals needed.

What are the terms of payment in Outpatient?

Payment may be made by cash, money order or credit card.  Fees may be paid in one advance payment or on an ongoing basis before each session.  Cash or money order payments must be for the exact amount due as we are unable to provide change.  Credit card payment may be made during normal business hours only.

What about government-funded care?

For those clients who qualify for government-sponsored funding, there is no out-of-pocket expense.


To qualify, clients living alone in a home or apartment that is in the client’s name should bring a copy of the lease or mortgage and a housing letter, if the client is not in a low-income housing program, a utility bill in the client’s name, and the last two paycheck stubs or proof of income (SSI, disability, TANF, unemployment wages, workers compensation, child support, annuity payments, alimony, or food stamps) and, if married, the client must have the same documentation from his or her spouse.


If the client lives with a family member or friend, he or she should bring a utility bill (such as electric, water, gas or home phone) dated during the last 30 days and sent to the homeowner’s full address. The client will also need a letter from the homeowner stating that the client lives in the home and that the homeowner financially supports the client. The client will also need a paycheck stub, proof of income or government benefits, plus the same documentation for a spouse if the client is married.


If the client lives in transitional housing, a halfway house, or shelter, the client will need a letter of residency from the transitional homeowner or operator, a letter of homelessness from the shelter, and a paycheck stub, proof of income or government benefits such as food stamps, TANF, SSI, disability, workers compensation, annuity payments, unemployment wages, child support, or alimony.

How can I get more information about Outpatient care?

Call our office, 214-941-3500, ext. 246, and speak to one of the Outpatient staff or leave a message. Messages are usually returned the same day. Please include your email address in the voice mail.

Copyright 2019, Homeward Bound, Inc.